Still looking for a big powder trip? Get stoked! we might have something for you!
- Touring and Freeriding (in resort).
- Slope skiing in resorts.
- Avalanche safety training by our guide.
- Backcountry Touring and Freeriding.
- Heliskiing day.
- Option Catskiing day.
- Golden (Kicking Horse).
- Nelson (whitewater).
12/02/18 until 01/03/18 March.
A.C.M.G. Certified Canadian Local guide
CSIA ski Instructor Waegeman Bart - AKA Powdercheck as the tour guide!
1. Your own Freeride Skis and Safety gear. Ski rental is also available in Canada. Safety gear is available for rent with our guide Seb, or also in Canada. (look for gear rental in the budget section).
2. Rental RV for 7 people for 18 days 17 nights. Be aware, in winter time the water system of the showers and toilet will not work due to freezing up of the water lines. Suitable solutions are at hand.(Bottled water every day and Air BNB every 3 days provided by Powdercheck)
Note: If we are not with at least 4 riders, I will cancel the RV and we will be travelling with a medium size SUV and we will using Air BNB as hour accommodation. 50% of the Air BNB costs will then be provided by Powdercheck.
Powder Highway Program:
12/02 Arrival Calgary.
- RV pick up.
13/02 - 15/02 Kickinghorse (Golden)
- Resort and slackcountry skiing/touring.
Rest day 16/02
17/02 - 21/02 Revelstoke.
- Resort and slackcountry skiing/touring
- Heliskiing day 6 to 8 runs + extra 3 to 4 runs possible in the afternoon.
Rest day 22/02
23/02 Kootenay Pass Backcountry touring (Local Guiding)
24/02 - 25/02 Whitewater (Nelson) Coldsmoke Powder Festival - Whitewater Resort
- Resort and slackcountry skiing/touring.
- 2 days Kootenay Pass Backcountry touring (Local Guiding)
- Great Clinics, Great Apres ski Party, Movie night, and Testing new ski gear!
26/02 - 28/02 Fernie.
- Resort and Backcountry skiing/touring
- Option for catskiing with professional photographer.
01/03 Fly back home from Calgary.
- Return RV.
The programme can be altered due to weather and conditions! We only Check for Powder!
Fixed Costs 3750 Euro/pers (7 riders) For 4 riders it will be 3000 Euro/pers :
- RV rental for 18 days (7 riders): 350 Euro/pers.
- (18 days SUV for 4 riders + Guide : 300 Euro/pers.)
- Costs Guides: 1250 Euro/pers (7 riders) For 4 riders it will be 525 Euro/pers:
- Our own tour guide for the whole trip.
- Ski tickets for the guides.
- 12 Days ski passes in the resorts: 1000 Euro/pers.
- Kootenay Pass Backcountry touring 2 days with Local Guide.
- Heliskiing day 1000 Euro/pers:
- Heliskiing 6 to 8 runs + possible to extend with 3 to 4 runs for 215 Euro.
- Local guide.
- Lunch is included!
- Heli Medivac rescue in Canada for the trip = 150 Euro/pers.
Variable Costs 1400 Euro/pers :
- Flights: 400 ~ 800 Euro. (depending on departure airport)
- Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder Festival: Depending on wich formula you take, but the 2 day package with social events is around 220 Euro/pers. http://coldsmokepowderfest.com/packages
- Optional cat ski day in Fernie with professional photographer: 551CAD ~ 380 Euro.
Not Included in estimate:
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal ski insurance.
- Food & Drinks, except for the lunch Heliskiing day.
Rent of avalanche safety gear. You can rent shovel, probe and beeper locally.
Be advised, these items are needed for off-piste skiing and is required equipment for each rider!
ABS (Air Bag System) Backpack can be rented locally.This backpack is not obligatory, but desirable.
Be advised, if you take your ABS backpack on the plane, you have to have special permission from your airline company. But we will assist you with that procedure!
Freeride skis can be rented in the resorts. If you have your own and you are taking them on the plane, you might need to add an extra luggage if you exceed the 23 kg max weight that is imposed by your airline company.
Who are we looking for?
You don't have to be a PRO! But this is the profile we are looking for.
- 18 years of age minimum.
- A good level skier (comfortably decent on all level of slopes in the resort dubbed black diamond)
- A good level of fitness (From morning until the evening skiing in changing snow conditions)
- Preferably someone who already has experience in off-piste skiing and touring, and is comfortable using and taking care of his/her gear.
- Someone who is social and who has a positive mindset ( We are living in a tight space RV for 18 days)